Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Brief Photo Essay

I've been telling myself that I need to take more pictures at work; I know there will be a point in my career when I want to look back at this stage. So, I brought my camera to work today. These are a few select shots. This is mostly for me. If you're so inclined to peruse, I hope you'll enjoy.


Carswell Joint Reserve Base in Fort Worth (Formerly Carswell AFB)

Hicks Airport, just northwest of Fort Worth. The runway is the surface at a slight angle to the highway. Look at all those hangars!


Somewhere in this picture, there is a red and black Cessna 140 about 1,000 feet below us. He was there when I took the shot, but for the life of my I can't find him now.


I spent the evening instructing in a 1962 Piper Cherokee 150. Second new-to-me aircraft type this month. I dig the old school yokes.



Base-to-final turn over lake Waco. If you're reading the altimeter, it looks like we're high. If you've ever flown a Cherokee, you know we're not. Best glide is +/- 85 mph. It glides like my Ford Explorer would.


What you can't see in this picture is the black widow infestation going on in this hangar. My risks don't always begin and end with the prospect of a sudden chance meeting with the ground ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment