Friday, February 27, 2009

Written exam in an hour and a half

Well, it's that time. I used the Sporty's Pilot Shop ground school course over the past month to get ready, and in the past week I've taken 10 practice exams on www.mypilottests.com (great website by the way). Steadily, I've gotten my scores up to where I just got a 92 in 26 minutes and then a 90 in 20 minutes.

Neat thing is, you have two and a half hours to take the test. Other neat thing is, the practice test uses questions from the real FAA test bank and the real computer supplements (sample approach plates, L-charts, etc.). I know it's possible to not do as well as you'd like to do on these things, but I'll risk jinxing myself here just before my test and say that there's not much of an excuse for not at least passing with all the study resources out there (and, assuming you really care about getting the rating).

I think I'm as ready as I'm going to get. I thought about taking one more practice, but I don't want to burn out before I go take the real thing. Score to beat is 87, which is what I scored on my Private Pilot written way back in 2000. Update this afternoon, probably around 4:00 pm.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment